We understand the prospect of open heart surgery can be intimidating, however, we are indeed fortunate to live in an era when very effective procedures are available to treat most heart ailments. Cardiothoracic Surgery of Savannah is always on the cutting edge of technology and medical breakthroughs, especially concerning new advances in heart surgery.
We encourage open dialogue between you and your primary care physician. Hopefully, the information found at our site will help form a more knowledgeable exchange. Feel free to print any information found within our site and share the details with your family and primary health care professionals. No one should undergo surgery without all their questions answered.
Cardiothoracic Surgery of Savannah offers the latest advances in open heart surgery including:
- Heart Valve Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Aortic Valve Replacement
- Minimally Invasive Mitral Valve Replacement
- Carotid Endarterectomy
- Endovascular Abdominal/Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm Repair
(EVAR & TEVAR)
- Endoscopic Radial Artery Harvesting
- Minimally Invasive Endoscopic Vein Harvesting
- Pacemaker Lead Extraction
- Transmycardial Revascularization (TMR)
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR)
- Minimally Invasive Varicose Vein Surgery
- Robotic Pulmonary Lobectomy
- Robotic Thymectomy
- Robotic Anterior/Posterior Mediastinal Mass Resection
Recovery time is different for each patient and each operation. The usual stay in the hospital after heart surgery ranges from 3 to 5 days. You will usually see your surgeon for follow-up in the office 3 to 4 weeks after discharge.